New PowerWater Application Form

Did you know that Power and Water have rolled out their Connection and PV application form for all new small power connections and PV installations?

You can now download the new application forms by visiting The PowerWater website.

Information on their new expedited connection process and on their new customer connection contracts can be found there.


Electrical industry workers and contractors in the Northern Territory must be adequately trained to ensure that electrical installations are produced safely. Workers must obtain a licence and meet certain requirements before any electrical work is carried out.

The Electrical Workers and Contractors Licensing Board is responsible for issuing electrical licences and consists of members from the electrical industry including government departments, electrical engineering, apprentice training, electrical contracting and electrical workers.

The Board is appointed by the Minister responsible for the Electrical Workers and Contractors Act 1978.

Application lodgement

Licensing/registration applications can be lodged at the Territory Business Centre (TBC) in Darwin, Katherine, Tennant Creek or Alice Springs. TBC staff will accept your form and payment and take photographs if required.

If you wish to speak to a licensing officer please call the number given on the application form.

In addition to lodging in person at a TBC, licensing / registration applications and renewals can be scanned and emailed or sent by mail to GPO Box 9800, Darwin, NT, 0801. Full lodgement details are recorded on application forms.